- VBA Regional Offices will have limited availability.
- No decisions on claims appeals or motions will be issued by the Board of Veterans Appeals
- No new education or vocational rehabilitation benefits processing.
- No new compensation and pension benefits processing.
- Freedom of Information Act requests will not be processed.
- Privacy Act requests will not be processed.
- Recruiting and hiring of Veteran job applicants will cease.
- Internments at National Cemeteries will be conducted on a modified rate.
- Overseas Military coordinator operations will be suspended.
- VA Secretary Correspondence with veterans and VSO's will be suspended.
- All Outreach and Public Awareness Activities suspended.
- VA Call Centers and hotlines will cease to function.
Another pat on the back to our U.S. Congress and President for the great job (read HUGE sarcasm between the lines) they're doing making sure our troops and veterans are cared for. Great job overall on keeping our country on track. Can we stop playing games now... adding extra crap to bills... trying to prove who has the bigger "stick"... and just get this thing done?!?!?
Of course, at least those of us in veteran world will still be getting money. Our brothers and sisters in the military community are still faced with less than half of their normal pay next Friday.